Vegan Pineapple Coconut Bread
So, we had a potluck to go to yesterday, a welcoming back party for some of my best friends! Saturday, I knew I wanted to bake for the occasion, but something simple and easy to transport. Every time I make a cake or cupcakes for an order or a party where I have to take it to a different location, I freak out the whole drive. I usually make Chris drive, and hold whatever it is, as if it is an infant. So, I decided this was not how I wanted to play it for this party. I just wanted to relax with friends! I also thought tropical flavors would be appropriate, as it was around 100 degrees outside yesterday.
I had everything I thought I would need to make pineapple coconut bread. It would be easy, and incredibly simple to transport. I just let it cool all the way and wrapped it in tin foil, it was a great success and delicious and everyone loved it!
I could not stop eating this. It is super light, sweet, but not too sweet and was a fabulous pretty fool proof, insanely easy potluck dish! Please enjoy!
3 Tbsp. Vegan butter ( I use Earth Balance )
3 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
3/4 C. Sugar
2 Flax eggs ( 2 Tbsp. Flax meal + 3 Tbsp. Water=1 egg )
2 1/4 C. All purpose flour
1 tsp. Baking powder
1 tsp. Salt
3/4 C. Coconut cream ( I use Trader Joes )
1/3 C. Pineapple Juice
2 1/2 C. Powdered sugar
1/4 C. Pineapple Juice
3/4 C. Toasted coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350. Make your flax eggs.
2. Cream together vegan butter, oil and sugar.
3. Add in flax eggs.
4. Mix dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Then combine the coconut cream and pineapple juice in another bowl.
5. Start adding the flour mixture and coconut and pineapple mixture, alternating until everything is incorporated.
6. Pour into a prepared loaf pan, and bake for 60 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
7. Make the glaze: Mix powdered sugar and Pineapple Juice. Wait until the bread is cool, and pour over.
8. Toast your coconut, sprinkle on top of glaze.
Tools I used: